Monday, November 27, 2006

Hijab

Me,

Love,

Respect,

Sense of Self,

Covering my hair,

Showing Allah I care,

Protecting my modesty,

Exchanging lies for honesty,

Without Hijab, no one could tell,

Unprotected; without my Islamic shell,

Lies, as if to tell the world “Muslim, I am not”,

“I want to die with all of you and burn in Hell so hot”,

“Come men and talk with me, I am married but do not care”,

“I give you my permission to desire with your unbroken stare”,

“I want to show you what I have, make it look pretty for you to see”,

“I want you to desire and lust while other Hijab wearing woman envy me”,

But I chose to be honest letting the world to see, I am a Muslimah so happy,

Free from Satan’s enslavement, free for Jennah’s engagement, I am free!,

Allah’s blessings so gently bestowed upon my head, gently in deed,

Hugs from the cloth that covers me, Liberated from Satin’s greed,

I am a Muslimah, Shouting it out yet silently without a voice,

I am a Muslimah, I am a Muslimha by my own choice,

No man owns me, no man controls me, I am free,

Allah owns me, Allah freed me to be me,

Allah loves me, I respect Allah,

Allah is my God, Oh Allah!

I am me, I am a Hijabi!

My Sense of Self,

My Respect,

Love,

Me!

Copyright ©2006 Heather El Khiyari

All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

Blogger NorainiRasam said...

It's amazing how one's love turns on other's with The Verses of Love. Thanks for sharing Sister Heather. May Allah Bless you with The Best of His Bliss.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Riyad us saliheen said...

this is amazing mashallah! keep it up sis!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home